Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RED FEVER


No one is safe from my camera.  Yesterday, after the Honolulu Pen Women meeting at the Pineapple Room, I followed Barbara around Macy's as she looked for various items she needed. 

Red-red-red-lipsticked Mila at the Lancome counter helped her.  Of course I had to ask Mila to participate in my blog.  Here is her contribution.  Check out her unique answer to the last question. 

Thank you, Mila! 

WHAT IS YOUR LIPSTICK ROUTINE?

- How do you put on your lipstick?  Directly from the product container.

- I notice you use a thin and long kind of lipstick.  What is it?  It is Lancome Le Laque Fever.

- Do you paint your top or bottom lip first?  Either--not particular as long as both are done.

- Do you push your lips out or tighten them over your teeth?  No


- How long does it take you to apply your lipstick? 2 minutes max

- Do you stick with one color or do you use different colors for different occasions? I stick with one color for the most part but I do carry at least 4 colors on me most of the time.  Sometimes it is what I grab out of my cosmetic bag.


- What does wearing lipstick do for you?  It finishes off your face to complete the look. 

- How many lipsticks do you have?  Minimum 8.

- How many do you actively use? How many are just gathering dust?  Actively about 5.  I give away a lot to sisters, nieces, friends and do donate to women shelters (via friends or customers) so excess lipsticks DO NOT gather dust.

- Do you carry your lipstick paraphernalia in a special bag?  No, whatever is the bag of the moment both handbag and/or cosmetic bag since I do change bags frequently.  I am a bag and shoe whore.

- When did you start wearing lipstick?  In high school (a long time ago!).

- Who taught you to put on lipstick?  Myself.

- What is your favorite color and brand? Red on the blue tone side.

- Do you have a funny lipstick story?  Not really but I do enjoy men who compliment women's makeup and especially their fragrance.

- What will happen to your lipsticks when you die?   I want at least one color to always be with me so I will now advise my family to ensure I have one and a lip liner in my next life.  The remainder can be recycled through MAC cosmetics who I understand has a recycling program.

Testers at the Lancome counter oat Macy's

No comments:

Post a Comment