Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CAROL'S LIPSTICK ROUTINE


- Where do you put on your lipstick?
I usually put my lipstick on when I'm preparing to get dressed, in the bathroom, in front of the mirror.

- Do you paint your top or bottom lip first?
I apply it to my upper lip, then bottom lip.

- Do you push your lips out or tighten them over your teeth?
My mouth is usually slightly open when I'm applying lipstick.
Yesterday I realized, while putting on my lipstick more consciously, that I apply it in a clockwise direction, beginning in the upper left corner of the top lip and moving to the right side of top, then right lower lip to left side. I found that rather interesting.

- How long does it take you to apply your lipstick?
It takes me a maximum of 30 seconds to apply my lipstick.

- Do you stick with one color or do you use different colors for different occasions?
I currently have two colors which I'm alternating. Both are from Shiseido. One is more maroon  and the other brighter red. The latter I got when I was going to perform with my hulu halau and my hula sisters said I needed to brighten up my appearance.

- What does wearing lipstick do for you?
I do feel more "dressed" and more attractive when I know my lipstick is on.

- How many lipsticks do you have?
I currently have about six lipsticks: two on the bathroom counter, one in a small make-up case in my workout bag, one in my purse and another two spares in the bathroom cabinet.

- How many do you actively use? How many are just gathering dust?
The two spares are not yet being used. The others are used quite regularly.

- When did you start wearing lipstick?
I guess I started using lipstick around the timed I started high school and don't remember if anyone taught me how to use it.

- Do you have a funny lipstick story?
No funny lipstick stories, though I do have one about using cork make-up.

- What will happen to your lipsticks when you die?
I imagine my lipsticks will be consigned to the garbage cans when I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment