Thursday, December 9, 2010

EIGHT WAYS OF PUTTING ON LIPSTICK

1.  NO MIRROR - One Step Method
Lips open





* * * 

2.  NO MIRROR - One Step Method
Lips Closed


 * * *

3.  NO MIRROR - One Step Method
Distort your lips

Best done with eyes crossed

* * *

4.  NO MIRROR - Two Step Method

 Paint it on, then finesse it with...

... your pinky finger!

* * *
5.  WITH MIRROR - One StepMethod



 * * *

6.  WITH MIRROR - Two Step Method
Using two different colors lipstick

First fill in lips with the lighter color red...

...then outline with dark red
* * *

7.  WITH MIRROR - Three Step Method
Preparation & Finishing

 Pull out red purse with lipstick and mirror

 Paint upper lip

 Paint lower lip

 Blot by pressing tissue paper to lips

 Blot by pressing lips on folded-over tissue paper

* * *
8.  WITH MIRROR - The AA Method

 Cover lips with lip foundation

 Outline lips with dark lip pencil

 Apply lipstick

 More lipstick...
Then slide lips together and finish with re-outlining lips...
photos of the last two steps will be added some other time...

Perfection!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm. None of this applies to me, as I never wear lipstick nor any other kind of makeup for that matter. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun site & idea. I remember my mother as always wearing deep red
    lipstick and dark pencil brows (her makeup regime started & stopped
    with the 1940s it seems).
    Me, when I'm not ill, I 'have my slap on' as they say colloquially in the
    UK, graduating from very pale teen gloss back in the day to the use
    of lip liner (gawd, I used to have lips... where did they go?) and a few
    colors mixed on with a lip brush with a dot of shine bottom lip. I ease
    into the day with coffee and make-up routine, the likes of which my
    own daughter totally eshews except for every now and again when I
    will hear a "Oh god, I want a true deep Dior red." Drama queen!

    I read somewhere you're supposed to throw out a lipstick after a
    few months due to germ contamination. Ha! My tubes of color
    mostly came free from 'special offers' and are so - um -'matured',
    their cases are ringed like trees.

    I think I want a job making up names for lipsticks. Seriously. In my
    case right now I have: Dubonnet, Think Bronze, All Heart, Pinkberry
    Stain, Bamboo Pink, A Different Grape & Guava Stain. I'd go more
    literary. Off the top of my head, Hemingway's Hint , Kingsolver's
    Kolor, Artful Austin. Sure you could come up with more!

    ReplyDelete